Tuesday 30 April 2013

Beauty And The Beast

Super excited to dance with Midland Theatre Ballet, in 'Beauty And The Beast' this weekend! We have 4 performances, Thursday-Saturday, plus dress rehearsals tonight and tomorrow. (Someone'll be exhausted!)
Unfortunately, my school's mock GCSE exams week is also this week, so i'll be taking lots of revision with me to rehearsals! Luckily, i'm only in the corps de ballet, so I have a lot of acting but not much dancing, so hopefully my pointe shoes won't wear oout too quickly! I've seen some of the costumes; a pink romantic tutu with a sparkly bodice, a magenta knee-length dress, and, for the Wolves dance, an incrdible chiffon short dress, with bits of feather and twig coming off it!! I haven't seen my Villager costume yet, so hope it fits!!! :)

Update; Well, that was an interesting catastrophe! Most of the costumes fitted- except the sparkly arm-bands on my tutu looked more like bracelets, they were that big :P
The Ballroom Polonaise and Curtain caalls wer an utter disaster. In Act 3, I came offstage to get changed for the Polonaise- and realised that I was meant to still be on stage! Whoopsie!
And I had literally a pas de deux and Rose solo to get changed from the tutu into a full-on Wolf costume; change of hsir, makeup, costume, shoes... Argh!!
Hope tonight's final rehearsal goes a bit better! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment