Monday 15 April 2013

Alice in Wonderland- Ballet Theatre UK

Went to see Ballet Theatre UK's Alice in Wonderland last night; it was incredible!!
The costumes were absolutely stunning, and all of the dancers were amazing! I felt so sorry for the Cheshire Cat though; she slipped over right at the beginning of her solo! (I did something similar a few weeks ago in class- mine was far less dignified and graceful, haha!)
Alice danced an absolutely beautiful pas de deux with the Knave of Hearts, and her solos were incredibly precise, neatly executed, and a joy to watch.
I was also particularly happy to catch up with one of my friends, whom I have not seen since March last year- she is a very gifted dancer, who has just been offered a place with the RBS Senior Associates. (Me, jealous, much?!!) ;)
Ballet Theatre UK really is a wonderful company, and so I am very excited to be auditioning for their Summer School and Associate scheme soon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment