Thursday 11 April 2013

Arts Awards evening, GCSE Dance

Had such an amazing night last night at my school's Arts Award evening!!!
I recieved a Certificate of Commitment for Dance, and a Bronze Award for Drama!! I'm super happy about the Drama award because I didn't realise I'd been nominated for Drama- also, I'm the only girl in my year to get a Bronze award- it's usually awarded to the year above mine!!! So happy :)
I was talking to my mum afterwards though, and she was saying, what if I don't get a place at ballet school for 6th Form? So i've decided that I want to do more acting and drama stuff, so I can audition for drama schools this year too. But drama instead of ballet- i'm not so sure.....
In Dance at school, we've finished our Rosas Danst Rosas pieces (for now- we redo the module next year, for our actual GCSE) and are  moving on to Solos! Yay, i'm so excited- everyone thought the Set Dance would be our next project, so I was really pleased that we're doing solo choreography instead!! I still struggle a bit with Dance, because i've been doing ballet for 12 years, but before I started GCSE Dance, i'd never done any modern or contemporary dance, so hearing the counts in the music is really hard- my poor teacher kept getting really frustrated trying to teach me the timing for Rosas Danst Rosas- it drove me crazy too, not being able to please her!!
However, she is going on maternity leave, starting from next week, so we'll have a supply teacher to help us with the solos. The supply teacher is called Miss Hall, and she seems really nice.
I can't wait to start choreographing, i've got loads of ideas!! I've chosen this song to dance to;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOdmvtb7-7Q
My dance is based on Mental Illness and Anorexia- im hoping to make it really beautiful and emotional!! My target grade is a B, but i'd love an A or A*!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment