Thursday 8 August 2013

Midland Theatre Ballet: Day 3

I can't believe summer school is over already!! The last day was wonderful though: once again, James Wilkie taught class, which was inspiring but tiring!!! We worked on the Rose Adagio, adding in the other groups' work, as well as the Princess Florine variation and Carabosse dance. James then taught us the Fairies' Entrance, from the Prologue of the ballet, which was simple but pretty. To my delight, we were given costumes to wear for the showcase performance- I had a stunning teal satin tutu for the Fairies, my black leotard for the Carabosse dance, and for the Rose Adagio, I was re-united with the original costume that I wore for MTB's Sleeping Beauty two years ago!! Thankfully, it still fitted: a gold romantic tutu, with a white and gold corset top. After our costume fitting, we had one more run-through, then a half-hour break before the showcase. Remembering what Chris Moore told us last week, i sat in the splits, and didn't move, except to re-do my bun and get into costume. As a result, i had heaps of energy for the Showcase!! It all went really well, and I loved doing it! Kevin O'Hare and Gemma Sykes of The Royal Ballet danced a charming pas de deux, then, at the end of the showcase, presented us all with certificates :) I then had to dash like crazy to the train station- my train left at 4.22 and we were still in the studio, a 10 minute walk from the station, at 4.15!! A close call but we just about made it ;) Thank you to everyone at MTB for 3 lovely days! xxxx

1 comment:

  1. James Wilkie have struggled very well for young students. i am very impress about him. nice to this quality post.

    Ballet fitness DVD | Ballet equipment

    ReplyDelete