Wednesday 4 March 2015

Ballet Theatre UK audition

On Sunday, I had my audition at the School of Ballet Theatre UK. I didn't feel as nervous as I thought I would- I knew that I had done as much as I possibly could over the past year in terms of improving my strength and stamina; it was my chance to show how much I've improved.

In the audition, I was asked to stand at the front of the barre, facing the panel- I was very pleased to be given such a good place! The class was taught by Elizabeth Haslam, the company ballet mistress. It went pleasingly well- my adagio and pirouettes were strong and controlled, a reassuring contrast to last year's disaster!!! In the pointework section, there was a simple couru en diagonale; having seen Swan Lake the day before, I felt like the queen of the swans! The only thing I was slightly disappointed with was a sequence of turns en pointe; three pique turns, one petit Soutenu, repeated three times through- the music was faster than I was used to, so I missed two of the piques on the left side... 
Next, we had a Contemporary class; the first part of the class consisted of beautiful leaps, turns and floorwork, expressing a beauty and freedom of movement that only a dancer could appreciate. Then, we learnt a piece of choreography; the choreographer, Emily Ayers, explained that the theme of the piece was "A demon representing all of the hatred in the world, trying to break free from the core of the Earth" so the piece was very dark and sinister, but I loved it!

After class, we had our interview and a physio assessment- I thought it went well, although it is hard to tell what the strange physical tests were looking for! 

They said the wait for results will be up to 2 weeks, which feels like an excruciatingly long wait....... In the meantime, I am busy preparing solos and monologues for my Hammond audition which is next week!!!

2 comments:

  1. Why you are feeling nervous you can check out this .
    we have great tips of ballet dance you can get lots of things to see this .
    best of luck . . .




    Become a ballet instructor | Where can I go to a ballet fitness class


    ReplyDelete
  2. An outstanding night of world class dance. Three beautiful and distinct pieces of choreography staged and performed with impeccable technical precision and flair.






    Ballet online course | online ballet business


    ReplyDelete