Wednesday 8 July 2015

Joffrey week 2

Why must time pass so quickly?! My second week at the Joffrey was incredible- it's such an honour to be taught by ex Bolshoi dancers, and teachers who have graduated from the Vaganova! I love the Russian style, it's so elegant (okay, I'll admit, I did spend most of the classes with the Russian teachers contentedly imagining I was a student at the Vaganova Academy!!!!) I also particularly enjoyed the dance history classes, it is fascinating to consider the evolution of dance. I made so many wonderful friends, it is lovely to be able to talk and never run out of things to say, because our worlds both revolve around dance! On my last weekend in New York, I went shopping on Broadway and visited Times Square, with my lovely roommate Alessandra, who was from Mexico.
I was very sad to leave New York, and hope to be able to go back at some point in the future! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment