Tuesday 11 June 2013

Swan Lake repertoire workshop

On Sunday, I was lucky enough to be invited to attend a ballet workshop with Lewis Turner, of Birmingham Royal Ballet. The first hour of the session was a ballet class (there were only 5 girls and 2 boys in the class, so he worked us hard!!)- as usual, my feet simply refused to obey me in petit allegro, but pirouettes were fun; triples to the left And right!! Yeyyah!! Anyway. Then, we did repertoire, and learnt the Pas De Trois, from Swan Lake. I actually found it relatively easy, apart from a section of pique arabesques and jete entrelaces; it was done with a partner, so I got very baffled as to which way I was going!! Overall, I found it very fun- we did some basic pas de deux, which I loved! Can't wait to do more repertoire classes at my summer schools :)

No comments:

Post a Comment